2019 – “Best of Award of Excellence” – Wine Spectator
Diners Choice Award – Open Table
2019 – Certificate of Excellence – TripAdvisor
Exceptional Fine Dining
*Advance reservations are required.
The View Restaurant was established in 2004, and is Lake Placid’s only AAA Four Diamond “Exceptional” rated restaurant. This high-end restaurant sources only the freshest ingredients and finest wines from across the world. The a la carte dinner menu includes traditional cuisine that uses ingredients sourced from regional Lake Placid farmers, as well as items from our very own vegetable and herb garden! Be sure to try our Adirondacks Flapjacks at breakfast.
- There are 4 accessible parking spaces located within 50 feet of the entrance to the Main building.
- Parking lots are all well paved and maintained.
- Entrance from parking lot to the main building has double doors that easily open.
- The View Restaurant is wheelchair accessible featuring clear pathways.
- Elevators are available for easy access to all floors of the Main building.
- Service Animals trained to perform a specific task to assist a guest with disabilities are always welcome.
- We will always try to accommodate special dietary needs.
- We do ask that guests provide us with at least 48-hours advance notice whenever possible.
- Please note that though we do our very best, we cannot guarantee that food allergens will not be transferred through accidental cross-contact.
** Please note that we do have a dress code in the View, which is resort casual. We do ask of the men and the women for no baseball caps, hooded sweatshirts, athletic gear, t-shirts, flip-flops or torn/faded jeans. We do ask for the men to wear pants or dress shorts (Bermuda style) and a collared shirt, no jacket or tie is required. Dress denim and dress sandals are acceptable. Guests who do not adhere to the dress code may risk forfeiting their dining reservation or we will invite you to dine in one of our more casual restaurants. **
20 – Time Winner of Wine Spectator’s Dining Guide Award
A truly exceptional dining experience, The View is Lake Placid’s only AAA Four-Diamond “Exceptional” rated restaurant. We have also received the Wine Spectator’s Dining Guide Award for Excellence for the past 20 years. And as of 2019, Wine Spectator has elevated The View to “Best Of” Award of Excellence, thus granting us the two-glass designation.
Fine Lake Placid Style Dining in a Relaxed Atmosphere
Join us for an elegant, romantic and relaxed dining experience with incredible views across Mirror Lake. It’s the perfect place in Lake Placid, for a romantic candlelight dinner for two or an enjoyable dinner with the family. With foods to suit all tastes, The View Restaurant is guaranteed to deliver a wonderfully memorable dinner in a relaxed Adirondack style atmosphere.
Breakfast and dinner is served seven days a week, on weekends and on holidays. Don’t miss our Hearty Adirondack Breakfast Buffet.
Only The Best Seasonal Ingredients
Our culinary team works closely with local and regional farmers, butchers and cheese makers to create a flavorful dining experience, with menus that change throughout the season.
At The View Restaurant, we’re deeply committed to serving delicious food that utilizes only the best locally sourced produce.The changing seasons allow our chefs to sample and experiment with the bounty of ingredients available in the immediate Lake Placid area and across the Adirondack region.
Planning menus at Mirror Lake Inn is a labor of love – a process that gives our experienced culinary team a chance to research, test and vote on those items they feel represent our philosophy of “elegant comfort foods.”
A truly exceptional dining experience, The View is sure to serve up a treat you won’t forget.