Find up-to-date information on exciting new developments, superb style and guest conveniences at the Mirror Lake Inn Resort and Spa. Following are Mirror Lake Inn Resort and Spa highlights...
At a glance
- Seven acres on a hilltop overlooking the Adirondack high peaks and on Mirror Lake.
- Three Lake Placid restaurants: The View, Taste Bistro & Bar and The Cottage.
- Approximately 200 staff work at the inn.
- 29 fireplaces throughout the inn.
- 300,000 twinkling white lights and 70 lit trees adorn the inn during the holiday season. Inside there are nine beautifully decorated trees.
- Tennis court.
- On-site Lake Placid spa and salon.
- Work-out room
- Jacuzzi and sauna.
- Complimentary row boats, paddle boats, canoes and kayaks on Mirror Lake.
- Private beach on Mirror Lake.
- Heated outdoor pool overlooking Mirror Lake.
- Indoor Pool - a 60 foot lap pool with a waterfall and panoramic views.
- Private outdoor ice-skating rink on Mirror Lake.
- On-site concierge service.
- Cell phones are not allowed in public areas.
- Smoking is not allowed inside the inn.
- Wireless Internet access available throughout the inn.
- 100 guest rooms.
- 31 suites.
- On the shore of Mirror Lake the Lake Cottage and Colonial House Ultimate Suitesprovide exceptional views.
- All rooms have views of the mountains and lake and most have a terrace.
- All rooms have DVD Players and IPod jacks.
- A CD of ambient music is always playing in guest room upon arrival.
- Bath robes in every room.
- Safes in every room.
- Luxury Frette linens.
- Beds are triple sheeted.
- Bath products are by Gilchrist and Soames.
- All suites have handmade furniture by Harden.
- The View offers AAA Four-Diamond dining in a warm, relaxed atmosphere. Executive Chef Jarrad Lang and his culinary team work closely with local and regional meat producers and cheese and vegetable to provide guests with a memorable, flavorful and healthy dining experience.
- Täste Bistro and Bar provides a bistro style menu featuring seasonal and local ingredients. It also offers the most extensive spirit list in Lake Placid as well as live music.
- The Cottage is a cozy eatery and neighborhood-style bar with a waterfront deck surrounded by fabulous views of the Adirondack high peaks on the edge of Mirror Lake. The menu features unique twists on pub-style favorites.
- Afternoon tea is served everyday in the inn's lobby from 3:30 - 4:30 pm.
- Homemade chocolate chip cookies are offered at the front desk.
- Open 8 am - 8 pm daily.
- 6,600 square feet.
- Unique body treatments such as the spa's signature Adirondack maple sugar body scrub, a seaweed body wrap, specialty treatments with the spa's European Soft Pack System and Vichy Shower, just to name a few.
- Specialized massage therapy such as heated river stone therapy, Craniosacral therapy, Reiki, Thai massage, reflexology, pregnancy massage, just to name a few.
- Facials such as a custom facial, signature facial, microdermabrasion, medical grade peels, the balancing four layer facial, just to name a few.
- Plush sanctuaries accented in marble and mahogany with fireplaces, whirlpools, steam rooms and grooming areas.
- The Salon offers complete hair, nail and waxing services.
- Indoor 60 foot lap pool with a waterfall and panoramic views of the lake and mountains beyond.
- Six million acres of wilderness surround the inn which is perfect for hiking, biking, rock climbing, canoeing, kayaking, whitewater rafting, ice climbing, snowshoeing, and just about anything else you can think of.
- Located in the Olympic village and offers access to: alpine skiing, cross-country skiing, hockey, speed skating, bobsledding, skeleton, luge, curling, and ski jumping.
- The Inn's concierge service offers classes and outdoor adventure programs for adults and children.
Programs for Children
- Magic Show
- Family Yoga
- Guided outings
- Craft time
- Smores on the beach
- Family Dining program: House guests with children under the age of 12 eat free off of the children's menu at the 5:30 seating.
- On Mirror Lake in Lake Placid.
- Two minute walk to Main Street and the Lake Placid Marina.
- Thirty minutes from I-87.
- Two hours from Montreal, Albany, or Burlington.
- Four hours from Syracuse.
- Five hours from New York City, Boston and Toronto.
- One hour from Plattsburgh and Plattsburgh International Airport.
- Private and commuter airline service is available at Lake Placid Airport and Adirondack Regional Airport.
- Built in 1883 as a private home.
- Opened to guests in 1924.
- Purchased by current owners Edwin and Lisa Weibrecht in 1976.
- In 1988 the main building was lost in a fire but was rebuilt that same year.
- The inn had some firsts in the Lake Placid area. It had the first electric rope-tow, snowmaking machine, and bobsled track, all located on Dream Hill behind the property.
- The inn retains an old-world feel with mahogany accents and antique stained-glass windows.